Sunday 30 April 2017

Letter to Wetherspoons

To the editor, Wetherspoon News, editor@jdwetherspoon.co.uk

Sent 2nd May 2017

Dear Tim,

Low Alcohell

After a recent minor stroke, the medical advice is to limit my intake to one drink per day. This has prompted an immediate interest in low alcohol beer (and wine). From my new perspective, I can see the logic of pubs stocking decent beers under 1% alcohol as there is a likely market amongst designated drivers, the health-conscious and those, like me, who still enjoy visiting a pub, but cannot drink ‘proper’ beer.
While current demand would not justify supplying low alcohol beer on tap, could I request that you look into bottled beers? My local Wetherspoon in Sidcup only stocks Erdinger AlkoholFrei which is awful. You already sell bottles of various BrewDog lines and their 0.5% Nanny State is pleasantly close to the real thing.
If you need a volunteer for your tasting panel, I’ll be happy to help and start a new trend.

Regards, Nick Blackburn, Eltham

No comments:

Post a Comment