Wednesday 19 April 2017

Early findings

Upon release from PRUH, I didn't want a drink for several days but recovery did not take long.

  • My first acquisition was Brew Dog Nanny State 0.5%. This is accurately described as very hoppy but it is quite palatable after the initial shock. I found it in Waitrose Bromley selling for a not-entirely-unreasonable £1.29 for a 33cl bottle.
    I looked on Amazon for cases of the same and was dismayed to find it priced at £28.99 for 12, i.e. £2.41½ each.
    Neither Waitrose not Wetherspoon in Sidcup stock them and so I was forced to try Erdinger AlkoholFrei (less that 0.5%). It is described on the label as a "refreshing isotonic drink", but tastes rather unpleasant. The wheat version is worse.
  • Eltham's Lidl had nothing to offer. The nearby M&S sells a 0.5% lager but had none in stock. They had one bottle of Sothwold 2.7%, rather stronger than I seek, but which I bought for emergencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment